The key role of a Patient Participation Group is to bring together patients, GP’s and Practice staff to promote the wellbeing of patients and support the Practice to provide high quality of care.
Engaged and involved patients are key to achieving a health care system that is responsive to their needs and values.
The group needs active volunteer patients that will work in partnership with Practice staff and GP’s; to discuss the services on offer and how improvements can be made for the benefit of the patients and the Practice.
Benefits of a PPG
- Effective engagement with patients
- Encourages patients as proactive partners rather than passive recipients of their care
- to help reduce health inequalities
- Patients become involved in health promotion aims
- Listening to patients will help to deliver a better service
- Improves health outcomes
- Improves quality of care and patient satisfaction
Patient membership will be open to anyone registered with the Practice who is interested in helping the group to achieve its aims and who is willing to abide by the rules of the group.
Meetings & Virtual Meetings
We would expect the PPG Meetings to take place at least twice a year. However, we recognise that everyone is busy, so we would also welcome patients who would like to be involved in a virtual group, so we are able to involve more patients.
Interested in joining?
Please complete the form below and hand it in to Reception.
The Practice will then contact you to inform you of the next meeting.
Patient Participation Group Leaflet and Form